Friday, December 17, 2010

Success! Sort of...

Date: 11 December 2010
Day of Chronicles: 24
Hours: 3:15-6:45pm
Rides Given: 6


My project last Saturday night was to charge decent prices for my rides - at the very least, $1 per uptown/downtown block. I did adhere to this rule - I also set myself to JUST SAY NO to destinations above 59th Street - and I must say, both decisions worked in my favor. Also it was a busy night (one of the busiest of the year), so I could afford to be picky.

To combat anomie, I checked in with Gregg regularly and worked with him on a "family" goal, as it were. It helped to feel like I had an ally - someone to share the good news with, when I got rides, or look to for help in a dry spell. 

I set a personal record for most lucrative ride ever ($50 to take a family from 7th Ave in the low 40s to 18th & Park). I also made quite a bit more per hour than I usually do.

Success, yes? Quite a turnaround!

And then I gallivanted off to a couple parties in Brooklyn (by subway), didn't eat a proper dinner, did drink a few glasses of "mistletoe punch," stayed up late, failed to sleep in the next day...and developed a nasty sore throat that's sidelined me for the time being. This afternoon it was hurting my throat just to ride a bike in the cold. So, we'll see. Number one priority is getting fully well. Once that happens, I'll reassess my attachment to the saddle, and the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment