Friday, October 29, 2010

Bummer to Bummer

Date: 29 October 2010
Day of Chronicles: 7
Hours: 4:30-6:00pm
Rides Given: 1

Well, honestly, the Friday before Halloween sucked for me last year too. But Halloween itself was great. So I'm going to cut my losses, forgive myself for kicking zero ass tonight, and exercise my prerogative, as a pedicab driver, to set my own hours. That's one of the prime advantages of this gig, right? That you get to quit when you feel like it.

Note to self: In future, if you're going to head in early, do it well before six. Just now it took me twenty minutes to navigate bumper-to-bumper tunnel traffic between 8th & Dyer Avenues. Ah, the bitter irony of getting stuck, on a pedicab, in a sea of motor vehicles! A chance to see how the other half lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment