Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Failure of Positive Thinking

Date: 16 October 2010
Day of Chronicles:4
Hours: 4:30-6:30pm
Rides Given: 0

After tonight I feel like I never want to do this again. Two hours of rolling around Midtown, no takers, knowing if I just had a bit more gumption I'd be doing fine. The trouble is, when people say no up front - as they almost always do - I almost never argue. Unless I'm on a roll, feeling confident. Which usually doesn't happen till I've given a ride, and started building an endorphin high. I suppose it ought to be empowering to know I create my own reality, etc. - that if I persisted I could do quite well - but on nights like this it registers as a bummer. Yup, I'm riding around passengerless and yup, it's my own damn fault. Another line of work, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment